This series of 4 webinars will take you through the whole conveyancing process for unregistered land. From the moment you receive the contract package from the seller’s conveyancer, right up to completion and registration. It will also cover acting for the seller and preparing the contract package and will provide delegates with a firm foundation for dealing with all aspects of unregistered land conveyancing.
At the end of the training, delegates will have:
- A sound basic understanding of the fundamentals involved in dealing with unregistered land
- An ability to read and analyse unregistered title documents and identify any potential issues
- A full understanding of the process and procedure in dealing with unregistered land from initial instructions to registration
The training will cover:
- How to read a conveyance
- The Root of Title
- Preparing an Epitome of Title
- Abstracts of Title
- Preparing a Contract
- Land Charges and Index Map Searches
- Checking the Contract and Epitome of Title
- Pre-Completion Searches
This webinar is suitable for conveyancers who require a refresher on unregistered land, or newly qualified staff who are unfamiliar with the process.
Please note: the course fee is per person
#1: 8th September 2020, 10am
#2: 15th September 2020, 10am
#3: 22nd September 2020, 10am
#4: 29th September 2020, 10am
Who Should Attend
- Trainee and Newly Qualified Solicitors/Legal Executives/Licensed Conveyancers.
- Conveyancers with some experience of unregistered land who would like a refresher
Kelly McDonnell has over 20 years’ experience in the Residential Conveyancing industry as a Solicitor, Panel Manager and Head of Conveyancing. She was previously a judge for the LFS Conveyancing Awards and is the current Chairman of the Midlands Branch of Women in Property.
Jonathan Ritson is a conveyancing solicitor with over 25 years’ experience in the property sector. Having headed up the property teams at several law firms he has a vast experience in registered and unregistered conveyancing of both residential and commercial property.