Recorded versions of all sessions are available. You can still book on and catch up on sessions that have already run.
Back by popular request, this course, brought to you by Today’s Training and IQ Legal Training this 12 part course explores the conveyancing process from start to finish looking at procedure and the law.
Through a series of interactive webinars expert speaker Ian explores the fundamentals of conveyancing, highlighting good practice and exploring what can go wrong in both sale and purchase transactions using practical examples.
Ian will also cover basic drafting techniques required for contracts and transfers .
In this practical 12 part series we will cover
- Basic background land law
- On boarding Clients – verifying identity and money laundering requirements
- An overview of professional obligation owed by conveyancers and support staff
- The conveyancing process – a freehold sale and purchase of a residential property.
- The key features of the Conveyancing Protocol
- Land Registration – practice and procedure
- Drafting Contracts, Transfers, Completing TA 13 and Land Registry Applications
- How to advise clients, due diligence and reporting on title.
- Avoiding common pitfalls, negligence claims and complaints
Extensive course notes will be provided. Delegates who complete the course will be provided with a Certificate of Attendance
Please note, the course fee is per person
Who Should Attend
- This webinar is suitable for support staff, paralegals, new recruits, qualified lawyers wanting a refresher course and anyone who wishes to upskill or learn about the conveyancing process. No conveyancing experience is required .
All courses will run from 15.15 for one hour unless otherwise stated. All sessions will be available to view live and will be recorded for review if you are unable to attend the live date. By registering for the first session you will automatically be registered for the full course and receive ongoing reminders of upcoming sessions and joining instructions.
- 2nd March
- 9th March
- 16th March
- 23rd March
- 30th March
- 6th April
- 13th April
- 20th April
- 27th April
- 4th May
- 11th May
- 18th May
Speaker: Ian Quayle
Ian qualified as a solicitor and worked in private practice for 12 years specialising in property law matters generally including residential development work, commercial acquisitions and disposals.
Since 1998 he worked in house and as a consultant for national house builders and national and international property developers advising on all aspects of property, landlord and tenant ,transactional and management issues.
For the last 16 years Ian has provided legal training to the legal profession throughout England. This has in the main been provided via in house courses, public courses and conferences on behalf the largest provider of legal training services in the United Kingdom as well as providing training privately to firms and organisations. He has delivered over 1500 courses in that time.
Registrations for this event is now closed.